Muay Thai - is referred to as the "Art of Eight Limbs" or the "Science of Eight Limbs", because it makes use of punches, kicks, elbows and knee strikes, thus using eight "points of contact", as opposed to "two points" (fists) in boxing and "four points" (hands and feet) used in other more regulated combat sports.
Boxing - is a sport or practice of fighting with the fists, especially with padded gloves in a roped square ring according to prescribed rules.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - is a martial art and combat sport that teaches a smaller person how to defend himself against a larger adversary by using leverage and proper technique.
Mixed martial arts (MMA) - is a full-contact combat sport that allows both striking and grappling, both standing and on the ground, using techniques from other combat sports and martial arts.
- During class, proper respect and discipline must be maintained at all times and GYM etiquette followed by all members.
- If it should be necessary for a student to leave the GYM before the class is over, he must get permission from the Head instructor, unless he received permission prior to the class.
- There should be no unnecessary noise. Students must remain silent at all times unless instructed otherwise. Students seated at the sidelines should remain still so as not to disturb those training
- Even in the lobby “inside voices” are maintained. Practice speaking to each other quietly to keep the inner focus.
- No one is allowed to wear shoes in the GYM.
- No one is permitted to chew gum or smoke in the GYM.
- There shall be no food or drinks in the GYM training area.
- Consider the GYM as your home and treat it as such.
- Students should exercise care to keep their uniform clean Students would take care to pay respect to their own bodies and keep themselves clean.
- Fingernails and toenails should be clipped and kept short to help prevent injuries to oneself and other members. No metal of any sort, except eye glasses or a wedding ring, should be worn during class.
- This is shared responsibility with the parents.
- Every student is responsible for his/her own valuables.
- At the end of class, students will again line up according to rank and seniority
- Any shoe that has been worn outside is to be removed prior to entering the training floor.
- Students are asked to train in bare feet. Unless a Doctor says special foot wear is needed.
- If a student has athletes foot or planters warts, immediate action must take place to cure the feet. Meanwhile the feet must be covered with athletic tape or socks. This is the responsibility of the parents and student.
- Keep the training area clear of water bottles and personal gear bags.
- When your class is done please leave quietly and in a non disruptive matter giving respect to the next class and art.
- If you need to speak with instructor of that class please do off the mats.
- Please turn your phones off and if you must keep on during class please refrain from making calls.
- The training place must always be kept clean and empty of any distracting items. Members should, without having to be asked, help keep the GYM clean.
- All personal belongings should be kept out of the training area.