Sal was born and raised in Vancouver BC. He started training Karate at the age of 7 at the local community centers. By age 16 he was a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do under the Late Master Sun S Choi. By age 19 he was looking for a harder style and started Muay Thai. He took a break for a few years and focused on post secondary studies and strength training. While in school studying sport science he decided to enroll again at his old muay thai school and this started his journey in MMA. He became addicted and started competing first locally and then internationally. He has competed in professional Muay Thai, MMA and Kickboxing. He is currently retired (from competing in professional combat sports), but is actively teaching, training, and working with the British Columbia Athletic commission as an official. His philosophy is simple, never stop learning. Always a student and never a master. Always looking to improve and innovate. Clinch doors open in 2008.
- Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Daniel Valverde
- 3rd degree black belt Kickboxing Sport Kickboxing Federation
- 2nd degree black belt Tae Kwon Do National Team Western Canadian champion masters invitation champion
- Brown belt Judo
- Certified under World Professional Muay Thai Federation (WPMF)
- Official for the British Columbia Athletic Commission insuring the safety and integrity of combat sports in the province
- Certified Sport Kickboxing trainer
- Certified under Sangmorakot Gym Thailand as a Muay Thai trainer
- Certified under the World Professional Boxing Association of Thailand
- COMMAND course Referee certified under Big John McCarthy official (ABC)
- COMMAND course Judging certified under Big John McCarthy official (ABC)
- C.A.S.K certified official for amateur K1,Muay Thai, kickboxing (national level 1-2)
- I.S.K.A kickboxing judge and referee under Cory Schafer
The owner of MMA Masters in Miami, Florida where he coaches some of the top fighters in the world today.
Daniel Valverde was born on August 10, 1976 in Bahia, Brazil. Daniel is the son of Belmiro Valverde, a Judo black belt who actively competed well into his 60's. Belmiro began teaching Daniel the art of Judo from the age of four and saw him earn his black belt at age 19. In 1991 Daniel began studying Jiu-Jitsu as a way to compliment his Judo. His gym, Academia Shiozawa, offered BJJ as part of their curriculum. Daniel's first instructor was Mestre Serrinha. He studied under Serrinha until he was a purple belt, competing often. In 1996, as a purple belt, Valverde defeated a man in a Jiu-Jitsu super fight that would later become his good friend, Rodrigo "Minotauro" Norueira.
Oswaldo Alves came into Daniel's life when he moved to Rio de Janeiro and began training with the legendary coach. Daniel earned his brown and black belt (2001), from Master Alves. A few years later, Daniel travelled to America. After establishing himself as an elite competitor and World Champion, Daniel reconnected with his old friend, Rodrigo Nogueira, who by that time had become an MMA superstar.Rodrigo would later ask Daniel to be his grappling coach for Seaon 8 of the hit reality TV show, The Ultimate Fighter . Duriing the filiming of the show, Daniel traded harsh words with one of the contestants, Jiu-Jitsu Champion, Vinny Magaihaes. The rivalry was eventually settled through a Jiu-Jitsu super fight where Daniel defeated Magaihas despite giving up close to 30 lbs and having very little time to prepare.
Shawna ram was born in Oliver BC. She started training traditional martial arts at a young age. As the years progressed she started a family of her own. In 2013 she started competing in fitness competitions. She competed for 3 years then put it aside to pursue martial arts once again. She achieved her purple belt in Brazilian jiu Jitsu in 2015 and started competing in the cage in 2016. She is the first MAMBA fight league woman's flyweight champ and the first BATTLEFIELD FIGHT LEAGUE woman's flyweight champ. Shawna is ranked 6th in Canada.